Monday 2 September 2013

My vintage journey

I have always loved the fashions of the 1940's and 1950's.  I love the glamour, the shapes, the cut but most of all, I love the idea of a simpler way of life than today's society.  Alas, lacking the self confidence meant that I stuck to baggy jumpers and leggings.

At the grand old age of 29 I had a moment of clarity.  Approaching 30, surely it doesn't matter if I don't look like the identikit teenie boppers of today with skinny thighs, mini skirts, orange tan and backcombed hair that resembles a birds nest?  At the age of 29 I have accepted that my thighs rub together and my belly resembles blancmange.  Don't ask me how this surge of self confidence and acceptance came about, because quite frankly I haven't a clue!  But it has, and I am embracing it!  Sod everyone who may think I'm weird or look like a Nana.  I DON'T CARE!  

So here started my journey with vintage, thrifting, glamour and even a bit of homemade.  Gone are the leggings and baggy jumpers.  No more "hair scraped back in a pony tail" day for me (see below).  I literally gave all my clothes that I owned to charity.  So my wardrobe has to start from scratch.  This blog is a way for me to share my journey and hopefully make some like minded new friends.  A special thanks to Retro Chick and LandGirl1980 for the inspiration and kick up the (huge) arse that I needed to get myself in gear!


No comments:

Post a Comment